A huge part of a teachers life is planning and it’s no joke! Also I am a NERD for making plans, lists, and charts. Click here to find my blog posts that specifically relate to planning and organisation.
There’s always so much to do! Recitals, graduations, camps, workshops, group classes, timetabling… does it ever end?!
5 Ways to Make Planning Easy
- Write it down: When you feel like you have a million things to do, write them down. It helps to see your tasks laid out on paper and you can start to visualise how to get them done.
- Prioritise: Once you have your list done number them in order of importance and urgency. There will be tasks you need to get done today, and tasks that are long term but important. Getting a handle on this is a big help in sorting all the plans, big and small, and turning them into achievable goals.
- Tick off the list: There is great satisfaction in ticking off your tasks as you do them. It gives a sense of a achievement and makes the rest of list look a lot more attainable.
- Visualise: Think ahead so you can plan realistically and come up with a timeline to get your task done. Visualising can also help in figuring out whether your task is worth doing or not.
- Set a time limit: Avoid procrastination, it’s a bad habit! Set a time limit or schedule that is achievable by you and be realistic. You want to get the job done and motivate yourself to continue without oversubscribing to the plan and burning out.